Monday, May 4, 2020



This photo was taken by your Pops writer in Bemus Point on a Sunday afternoon.  I was holding a Pops VIP pass and sitting on a VIP platform.  The Bemus Bay Pops was in Bemus for 20 wonderful years.  It truly put Bemus on the map drawing summer visitors from across Chautauqua County and from out of State.  This concert was Jimmy and the Soulblazers direct from Alliance Ohio.  I have devoted a story on my blog to this band who pleased concert goers each and every time they appeared on the floating stage playing songs we all recognized having grown up to those oh-so familiar tunes as teenagers and as young adults.  Do you recall recording artists such as Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, the O'Jays, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Three Dog Night, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Sly & the Family Stone, Jr. Walker & and the All Stars, The Four Tops, Ray Charles and Frankie Valli?  I thought so!

Be safe.

Pat Locke
Maestro Muse